Within the online marketing agency world, employee rewards can be quite creative. Below is a list of examples of creative rewards:
- Shares as an end-of-year bonus, which increases your importance to perform well.
- An annually growing cash bonus to increase your loyalty. Think of Frenkie de Jong’s contract with FC Barcelona.
- The realization of an item from your bucket list, for example annually.
- An annual personal development Audit Directors Auditors Email Lists budget for training or coaching.
- A plant of your own to care for. This has actually been researched .
7. Be transparent
Being transparent in your employership is always a good idea in my opinion. It prevents negative talk in which employees gossip with each other about what is really going on within the company. Of course you can’t always be completely transparent about everything, but try to implement this as much as possible. A lot of communication with your team is also an important factor here.
If you work remotely a lot, as is increasingly common within online marketing agencies, it is extra important to be transparent in your communication. Via the digital route, noise can arise faster than face-2-face.
8. Say goodbye in style
Sometimes it does happen… an employee leaves your agency and it was a star player too. A number of processes then follow that are important to steer in the right direction.
- Stay positive and say goodbye in style. By this I mean that you continue to treat your departing employee positively until the last second and wish you every success in the future. Even if this is with a competing employer. The feeling someone leaves with is the feeling they keep talking about your company for years to come.
- Evaluate extensively with your departing employee. Have a conversation and ask questions about how he or she experienced working at your agency, what could be improved and why they chose to leave. This information will help you organize things even better in the future.
Sometimes a departure simply has nothing to do with your agency. For example, I once said goodbye to an Amazon Marketing specialist who wanted to do something completely different. He ended up in the field as an account manager. Sometimes it just is what it is.